Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another Conference - ACEC

For those who are in Perth, you may (or may not) have noticed that I have been absent for a week. No I don't think anybody noticed.

I have been doing my thing for Keepad Interactive at the biannual Australian Computers in Education Conference (ACEC)

So as I sit here in Sydney waiting to catch my flight back to Perth, I am reflecting on a very busy couple of days.

Money from the federal government is funny stuff - for years schools have been asking for money for ICT in the classroom, then the Fed's give them $1000 per two students to buy computers... and everyone has freaked out. Especially NSW...

The Catholic system in most states are the only ones that seem to have got the money flowing in the schools, most of the rest for Governement schools has been tied up with "bean counters" figuring out how to make the most of the money given... not neccessarily what is best for the students - See NSW for that predicament to it's fullest.

It was a great conference and I will post more on it in the coming days...

No comments: