Thursday, October 30, 2008

Australian First

I just got back from my Albany trip - It was amazing - we saw over 11 schools and everyone likes ebeam and TurningPoint - we will be very busy over the next couple of weeks I think with quotes and orders.

Speaking of eBeam check this out
http://kathburnett-watson.blogspot.com/2008/10/want-touchscreen-monitor-use-ebeam.html

I work with Kath and we are always looking at new and wonderful ways to use our gear. I'm now going to scrounge for the largest CRT I can get my hands on.

Now about the title -
Today I was privilaged to help set up the first Australian Remote Poll network and successfully test it in an AccessGrid environment. The Test linked up both UWA and Curtin University and we could run one lecture with both campuses seeing and hearing and polling - all in real time over an IP network.

So what this means is that you can poll using keepads in two locations and combine the polling into one presentation in real time as if the people in the remote location are in the same lecture theatre.

No comments: