Tuesday, September 8, 2009

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Just a little bit angry at the moment -

I've just read an article (link here) about very popular web monitoring tools that parents pay for to monitor their family's web use - particularly their children. OK so I don't like these type of monitors blockers without good reason, how are kids supposed to deal with the real online world when they don't see it?

Anyway the thing that got me angry is that this monitoring software is recoding what kids do - up loading it to their servers AND THEN SELLING THE INFORMATION TO MARKETING COMPANIES!!! This include chats, websites, forums ----- everything.

I encourage you to read the article and get as angry as I am. This is another good reason not to let someone else censor / monitor the net - you never know what they are doing with the information.

No comments: